Friday, May 6, 2011

How to connect two or more Performancepoint Filters to Scorecards and Reports

In this post I am not going to introduce a new thing but I would like to demonstrate a few important steps, that might mess around you and could delay your developments. That is how to make connections among performancepoint filters, scorecards and reports.

Usually connecting one filter to a report and scorecard might not a difficult task to you. Therefore I am forcusing on how to connect two or more filters to both reports and scorecards.


The scenario I have taken here like this,
  • I have two performance point filters for Month and Year.
  • I have a Scorecard which displays few KPIs.
  • I have a Report with some tables and charts.
You can do this in two different ways.
  1. The most common method is create a dashboard in performancepoint designer and deploy it to a sharepoint site..
  2. The next method is create dashboard layout in sharepoint itself, and insert performance point content as webparts.
Eventhough above two methods are seems to be two different approaches, the connection settings are almost same. But I hope to demonstrate above two methodologies. I'd like to guide you through images, since this not very much technical related thing.

To make connections between reports and filters, goto the connections in the report and create a connection to each of the report parameter.





To create connections inbetween scorecards and filters, do the same thing to the scorecards as shown below.







I am suggesting here to connect filters to the EndPoint_Page of the scorecards. If you are using sharepoint 2010, EndPoint_page cause for disabled decomposition tree. (To get decomposition tree right click on the scorecard and select decomposition tree.) To enable decomposition tree install the following hot fix to the sharepoint server.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2496951

If you have done correctly, your all connections would work well. Even this is not a technical article, I hope this might helpful to you when you are get stuck with selecting proper configurations in performancepoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment