Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How to change the DataSourceView of an existing dimension

If you have two or more data source views on your analysis service project, there is a definite possibility to create dimensions using wrong data source view. But you may have confused later on, since SSAS doesn't provide you a direct way to re-change the data source view.

I found that error recently, when I deleted some columns from the Time Dimension on the database, but it wasn't reflect on my Time Dimension on the cube. When I right click and click on 'Edit Data Source View' on the Data Source View pane of the dimension editor window, it was redirected me to a different data source view. So it was a good way to identify whether the dimension is being created using appropriate data source view.

But the solution was rather simple. You only have to do open the dimension using code view and change the DataSourceViewID tag to correct data source view. (It is recommended to get the correct data source view ID from another dimension if possible)







Above method can be used to change the data source view from an existing cube as well.


Finally I would like invite you to read my new and more interesting article on How to use Forex Trading as Part Time Earning Method. It would be more beneficial and interesting thing for you.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! You saved my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how open the dimension using code view ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much bro. Had been scratching my head over this for an hour :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, you saved me a lot of time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog... Before start Forex trading you must learn Forex trading otherwise you will loss your money. After learning try to do some trading with demo account to understand actual Forex trading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A trader cannot be successful in the CFD market until he or she is fully aware of the numerous regulations. It is not easy to find these regulatory measures. FXB Trading helps traders with its regulatory articles and makes them aware of what they should expect before opening their positions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All thanks to Mr Anderson for helping with my profits and making my fifth withdrawal possible. I'm here to share an amazing life changing opportunity with you. its called Bitcoin / Forex trading options. it is a highly lucrative business which can earn you as much as $2,570 in a week from an initial investment of just $200. I am living proof of this great business opportunity. If anyone is interested in trading on bitcoin or any cryptocurrency and want a successful trade without losing notify Mr Anderson now.Whatsapp: (+447883246472 )
    Email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete